ΙΑΤΑ GROUND OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT is a diploma for the students who want to learn how to Control and supervise an airline station in a self-handled or outsourced environment.
ΙΑΤΑ GROUND OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT
The new program of Mega Airlines Studies IATA GROUND OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT is designed for people who wish to work as Station Managers.
The Station Manager is the manager who undertakes the supervision of the ground operations of an airline at a specific station. Ground services in an airline include passenger ticketing and check-in (handling), baggage and cargo services, passenger boarding and disembarking, etc. The Station Manager is responsible for ensuring that the station’s flights leave on time and with all passengers and luggage. He also directs the assigned employees, budgets and security programs.
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Control and supervise an airline station in a self-handled and outsourced environment
- Use Ground Handling and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to suit your station’s handling needs, reduce costs and provide quality services
- Prevent fraud by being knowledgeable about the current methods that fraudsters use to dilute airline revenues
- Implement a Safety and Security Station Management System according to industry standards and recommended practices
- Manage and motivate employees and effectively monitor their performance and progress
Use the latest edition of the IATA Airport Handling Manual (AHM)